Best Alternative Sites
Website in 5 Seconds
|Monthly visits||around 240K|
|Mobile version/app||no, but Talkliv profile is mobile-responsive|
|Matchmaking filters||4 free filters (age, location, gender, online status) and interactive matching feature People|
|Messaging on-site||winks, free group chat, streams, messages, mail|
|Paid or free||Talkliv offers free registration, but it’s a credit-based service, which means that some features are premium. The minimum credit pack is 20 for $2.99, and the maximum one is 750 credits for $149.99|
|Bonuses for new users||20 free credits and credit-discount $2.99 instead of $9.99 for new members|
Who Is Talkliv for?
- People looking for cross-cultural communication
- Those who are curious about finding a friend or a partner abroad
- People who are looking for a mixed site that would work as a chat room site, social media site, and a dating site
Features and Benefits
I think the reason whyis becoming more and more popular among people all over the world is because of intuitive navigation and a big selection of services.
- Main features: Search with filters, Say Hello feature, winks, instant chat, and mail
- Extra features: Swiping People feature, Let’s talk feature (prompted communication), virtual gifts, and Streams with group chat
- Benefits: all new members get 20 credits after registration on Talkliv, and they can also buy 20 credits for $2.99 instead of $9.99 (for the 1st purchase only)
How to Sign-Up
- Fill in the registration on the main page
Name, age, gender, who you are looking for, active email, and password.
- Answer a few more questions
About yourself and your dating goals.
- Add photos
Members can make changes and update their profiles at any time. After signing up, you can start searching and using all well-made communication services on the dating platform.
Thedating site simplified the task of finding a perfect match by adding filters. Moreover, it might be fun and simple to look for partners on this platform. So let’s start.
- Finding the search bar doesn’t require special effort as it is located on the Talkliv main page. After I registered on the communication platform, the “Search” icon was just on the upper bar.
- It is possible to use a swiping feature on the Talkliv dating site and search with three basic filters—country, age, and gender. All the members can use these filters for free. I could quickly discover matches that were ideal for me because a search algorithm takes into account the most essential parameters.
- The app’s additional type of search includes the People (swiping) feature that sped up my search even more. I (just like all users of the site) could also use the advanced search alternative to discover local matches.
Sowebsite users can easily sort through the people on the website to find partners for online dating who most closely match their expectations. The mentioned filters helped to narrow down the circle of potential matches and provided the appropriate search results.
Sending long love letters using Google mail is not how modern daters see ideal online dating communication. To make the conversation flow, Talkliv provides many cool ways for engaging with other members:
- Winks and Say Hello. These features are mainly used for showing that you are interested in communication with other users, or mutually interested if you’ve received them first. To send a wink or Say Hello, you just need to press a respective button on the user profile.
- Text Chat. This is the most common way of intercultural communication on . There is also a way to spice the conversation up with stickers and photo/video attachments.
- Mails. A pick of people who like to write walls of text, as it allows you to 100% express yourself. To send mail, members can use the corresponding button on each user’s profile.
- The Let’s talk feature. Another chat feature, but it offers handy prompts for singles who sometimes feel stuck in a conversation—suggestions of questions to ask.
After exploring TalkLiv’s communication ways, I can say that there is a good variety of them. I enjoyed photo exchange the most and free group chats in Streams. And my least favorite is mail: I have received a few of them, but it’s hard to use the full potential of the service when you are just starting to get to know the person and don’t know what to write in a long letter yet.
Looking for a way to impress a special lady? Unlike typical dating sites, thecommunication platform suggests a way to quickly and easily demonstrate your interest in a woman you like by sending her a virtual gift. Send her a present if you want to start your conversation in a fancy way—you will not stay unnoticed in this case. However, it is still preferable to send gifts to women you already have a strong connection with.
On the Talkliv intercultural communication platform, the available presents will, of course, cost you credits. On the other hand, the pleasure a woman feels when she receives a gift is priceless.
- To discover more about the gifts that are available and their prices, go to the woman’s profile and click the Virtual Gifts icon.
- Choose one of the gifts that can be found on her page to show your interest and commitment with kind regards.
I consider this online flirting game advantageous on the Talkliv platform because your lady will definitely pay more attention to you after receiving a gift. The most intriguing option is virtual flowers, but you can choose something more appropriate to the situation or a discussion to show your interest.
Free and Paid Membership Guide
Generally speaking, there are two versions of—a free and a paid one. Every newcomer gets 20 free credits to test the paid version, and I was no exception, but though it allows you to test some free features, you’ll need to buy credits to use premium services. I was using the free version of the site for a while and then bought more credits to become and remain a premium user. Below, I explain what the experience was like in each case.
All non-paying users can do the following:
- Visit other users’ profiles and view public photosOnce a user creates an account, they automatically get access to all the profiles on the site and can view full-size photos shared by others, which is great as you can learn a bit more about the community without upgrading your own account.
- Send winks, like and favorite other membersThese are the free ways to contact someone. Though a Standard user can’t send a message, they can at least use such features to break the ice and ensure another member doesn’t mind having a conversation.
- View live streams and communicate with other views in group chatsThat’s the best free feature of all free services available on . You can just watch a stream of an Asian member, meet new people, have fun with other viewers, and talk to new people without spending any credits.
- Follow others and view posts on both the Newsfeed and profilesTalkliv can work as a social media platform, too. Here, you can see posts from other users and follow them, and all the previous posts will be displayed on every member’s profile, so you can actually learn something about a member you’re going to contact.
- Contact the Talkliv customer support teamThe Talkliv support team works 24/7, and most importantly, it works fast enough. If you’re going to contact financial or technical departments, you can expect them to respond very soon. In my case, that was a few hours or even less.
Of course, the availability of free features doesn’t make Talkliv free, but there are still things to do on the site, especially if you’re not searching for a friend or a partner and are interested just in international communication. But if you are, premium features will definitely be more helpful.
What do those who choose paid services get? First and foremost, it’s private conversations, but there are some other special features. So, once I upgraded I could do the following:
- View personal photos and profile videosMost members of the community have enough public photos, but if you want to view private ones, you’ll need to start a chat, which costs credits, first. If a user has a profile video, you’ll be charged 50 credits, and, in my opinion, that’s too much for using this particular feature. I preferred to open videos in private chats with people I already know (it’s not free, either, though) than spending that much on 2-minute videos of complete strangers.
- Initiate conversations in live chat or via MailsThat’s the best premium worth that basically makes Talkliv worth paying. There’s a great online messenger (file exchange is available) and Mail service, and I personally preferred texting instead of exchanging long letters.
- Send virtual gifts and donations to streamersOf course, that’s optional, and to be honest, I sent a gift and a donation just once to make sure the tools work properly. They do, but I would spend money on these services only if I met someone truly special on the site.
So, I spent my 20 free credits, 20 more credits I bought with a big discount, and bought 750 more because that was the best value for money. It was enough to contact a lot of members on, and the best thing was that most conversations actually lasted and could last more, so I was satisfied with the experience overall.
- Streams are the best for those who’d like not only to see but also to hear the members before buying credits.
- Live chat or Mails can be more or less effective depending on your dating style, so choose between these two features to spend less.
- Watch your credits and ask yourself whether you are sure you’re going to spend them on watching a video or sending multiple pictures a day.
- Complete your own profile—that’s the only way to stand the competition on the site.
If something goes wrong and someone is asking you for money, block the user and contact the support team on.
Pros & Cons
- Live streams available for all members
- A lot of legit female users from Asian countries
- Live chat & Mails
- Detailed profiles with good self-descriptions and 5-7 photos
- Professional moderators and efficient security system
- Not a free website
- Members have different goals
Your Safety on Talkliv
has some special features aimed at protecting members from potential dangers, and they are as follows:
- Profile videos that members can share to increase the level of trust
- Profile verification
- Email confirmation
- Live streams where users communicate in real time
- Data encryption software that protects users’ data
- High-quality support services that help users solve any problems
- Opportunity to report scams if something is wrong with a particular user
Though it’s enough to provide some level of safety, here’s the thing that all people using any website designed to connect people should know—you just can’t be too careful online. That’s why it’s crucially important to know how to protect yourself, and the main rules are as follows:
- Double-check the photos using the Google image search
- Never ignore red flags: the desire to gain your trust as soon as possible, contradictions, requests for help despite you’re almost strangers, etc.
- Ask a person to send a photo, or video, or have a video call in real time
- Protect your data at all costs, and don’t share any files or details that can be used to blackmail you or steal from you
- Never send money to anyone you’ve met online and have never met in real life
Following these rules may take some of your personal time you plan to spend for dating, but it will guarantee you at least basic level of safety.
4 Ways to Make Your Talkliv Profile Stand Out
- Add at least 3 high-quality pictures if you’re a man and at least 5 photos if you’re a woman—that’s just necessary to stand out
- Be direct—tell others what you’re looking for on the site
- Use lists that others don’t use to tell members more about you
- Try to be creative, use catchy phrases and one-liners to get more attention on the site (you can find inspiration on the internet and YouTube)
is a site for people seeking cross-cultural communication, and, well, it really provides users with everything they need to meet interesting people, make friends, have fun, and even find romantic partners. It has more special features and detailed profiles than the vast majority of chatrooms, but it’s not free, so consider your priorities to decide whether to join or not to join the Talkliv community.