- Reasons to buy: Messaging is free for ladies, high activity on the site
- Reasons to avoid: No free access to profile photos
For a freemium dating site,is pretty flexible regarding a free trial. First thing after registration, you get 5 free chats, which you can use either to start conversations or to respond to members who contact you first. These chat bonuses do not expire, so you can use them at your leisure. And when they run out, you can purchase a 1-day trial for $0.99 or a weeklong trial for $6.23. At that, the trial options end, and you can decide if you want to stick around or try another dating site.
AskMe4Date in 5 Seconds
|mobile-optimized online dating site
|10 free search filters
|live chat & messaging as the main communication features
|Paid or free
|paid for male members; premium membership unlocks unlimited messaging
Who Is AskMe4Date for?
In short,is for everyone. On these online dating websites, singles from the US, Australia, Netherlands, and other Western countries search for long-term relationships, casual relationships, and cyber romance. Still, most are looking for a partner to start a romantic relationship with and see how it goes.
Features and Benefits
This online dating portal offers free registration—you need to provide only basic details like gender, age, location, and email. After a user confirms their email address, they get access to profiles and can use all the free features available on this online dating website. There are many of them, and messaging is free for ladies, but men need to upgrade to send messages and use other special services. However, even non-paying users can see the profiles and, most importantly, read messages to find out how popular they can be before upgrading.
So, this is just the basic information on the website. If you consider joiningand want to learn more about the ways to find and contact matches here, just keep reading—I explain how the site’s algorithms work below.
The good news is search is free. Unlike many other dating sites, there are no free and premium filters—all the users, including the newly registered ones, can find matches based on the following criteria:
- Profile Picture
- Body Type
- Hair Color
- Eye color
Also,is one of the dating sites that let members not only manually search for potential partners but also good old swiping features. It’s called Like Gallery, and users can skip profiles, like them, see their matches, and see who liked them.
As I’ve noted previously, messaging is the main communication tool on AskMe4Date. Both those who have a basic membership and paid premium membership can see received messages in chat windows that are displayed at the bottom of the Main Page, just like on a regular social networking website.
Also, users can start a conversation right from the Search Results page even without visiting a profile, as there’s a Chat button under every profile picture. However, it doesn’t make much sense because you know literally nothing about this person at this stage, so I preferred to visit profiles first. But, again, the Chat button was the first thing I saw on a profile, so there was no difficulty with contacting someone on.
Free and Paid Membership Guide
Let’s talk about the pricing policy of this online dating service in more detail. As I’ve noted previously, it’s a mixed dating site that is partially free for ladies, but men will hardly be able to use this dating platform without getting a premium membership. The features, prices, and conditions are explained below.
Free members oncan do the following:
- Use all the search filters and Like GalleryAs I’ve noted previously, you only need to receive a basic membership to use all the search features available on the site. However, free members will see fewer match suggestions than those who already got their premium membership plans.
- View profilesThere’s free access to profiles, too, but free users should consider that they won’t be able to see full-sized photos of other members, as well as the Looking For section where users describe their relationship goals.
- See similar profilesIf you click on a random profile and, in general, a user meets your expectations, but something is wrong, you’ll see similar profiles of other users, which improves the experience.
- Send likes and favorite users on AskMe4DateNon-paying users can easily find out if someone is interested in further communication for free. On AskMe4Date, non-paying members can like or favorite someone, and if another person does the same, you’ll get a match.
- Contact supportIf you face any difficulty on the site, you can fill in the form on the platform, and the support team will help to solve your problem. However, it will take more time for non-paying users, who, unlike those who have already got their paid memberships, can get priority support.
All in all, just like most dating sites,lets non-paying users, in particular male users, learn more about the community, look through profiles, evaluate the approximate response rate and efficiency, and upgrade if they want to stay.
Let’s start with the current prices for premium plans. Now, the following options are available:
There may be extra discounts of up to 40%, and the prices may vary depending on the region.
So, though there’s a free registration and some other free features on this online dating website, men can’t actually usewithout buying paid memberships. After they do it, they can use the following services:
- Unlimited messagingPaying male users can send instant messages, and there are no limitations or extra fees for contacting more members.
- Full-sized photosFree users who haven’t got their weekly or monthly membership can only see a small profile picture, and all the photos on the profile page are blurred. Once you upgrade, you can see all the photos.
- Access to all information on members’ profilesAs I’ve noted previously, for free members, the Looking For information is hidden, and it’s often the most important part of the profile, especially considering that some members use AskMe4Date as a casual dating site and some are seeking marriage.
- Extended search featureSearch filters are free, but non-paying members see a limited number of matches, while the lists are constantly updated for premium users.
- Premium supportAs I have mentioned, paying members receive responses from the support much faster than the rest of the users.
Basically, that’s all that makes paid premium membership worth it. This casual dating site gives you complete freedom of action as a paying user.
Just like any other dating site,can be used more or less effectively, and here are some recommendations that can help you achieve your goals faster.
- Apply more search filters if you’re looking for someone special—the swiping search feature works great, but it’s more efficient for people who don’t know exactly what they are looking for.
- Do everything possible to make your personal page stand out—profile quality largely determines success.
- You’ll receive many messages from other users as the community is pretty active, so identify your red flags and don’t spend your time chatting with someone who’s obviously the wrong person for you.
- Like and favorite others before you send a message—that’s a much faster way to find out if someone is interested in a conversation with you compared to writing a creative first message.
These are the simple rules, but they improve the dating experience on this and on most other dating sites as well.
Pros & Cons
- The fast and simple registration process
- Opportunity to report scams
- There are many detailed profiles
- Active members & high response rate
- A pretty good online messenger
- No official dating app
- No free trial premium membership
- There are some fake profiles without photos
Your Safety on AskMe4Date
All dating sites must take certain measures to provide the highest level of safety to the users. In the case of, the measures are as follows:
- Email confirmation—you can’t join the site without providing a valid email address.
- Moderation of photos and profiles—members are encouraged to share photos on the site, and they all are checked to reduce the number of fake profiles, and profiles are moderated, too.
- Data encryption—all the transactions are safe, and members’ data can’t be sold or disclosed to third-party organizations or individuals.
- Support 24/7—if users experience any problem, they can reach the support team with just a few clicks.
However, a user should take care of their safety and privacy, too, and it’s not just about staying away from scam dating websites but also about following some crucially important safety rules:
- Double check the information and photos on profiles—you can use free tools like Google search by image and just choose the matches carefully to avoid catfishes and scammers.
- If things are moving too fast, be cautious—often, it just means someone’s trying to gain your trust.
- Don’t disclose your information to strangers—protect both your personal and financial data at all costs.
- Never send money to someone attractive you met on the site—that’s the golden rule that actually has no exceptions.
If you choose the right dating site and follow these simple recommendations, you’ll be able to feel completely safe when dating online.
3 Ways to Make Your Dating Profile Stand Out
On any casual dating site, a profile is incredibly important. After all, that’s everything that a user has to attract others. So if you want to date onsuccessfully, follow these simple recommendations:
- Add photos—that’s necessary to stand out, and the requirements are even stricter for female users who face more fierce competition on the site.
- Create a catchy headline (on AskMe4Date, it’s called Status) to get the attention of the best matches.
- Pay enough attention to Additional Info—it’s another section that can make your profile stand out and help other users understand whether you have much in common.
Yes, it’s as simple as that—just make some effort, and you’ll get a lot of attention on the site.
Here’s how the online dating business works—some sites focus on a narrow target audience, and some accept more users seeking different types of relationships. Of course,falls under the second category. So, considering the dating pool and versatility of the platform, it can work for the vast majority of singles from the United States, Australia, and the Netherlands.