I also recommend joining the best dating sites: there you will always find people who want to talk.
🔥Best Dating Sites & Apps to Join in USA | December 2023
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
What to Talk About on Dating Apps and Sites
Communication on an online dating site should be relaxed and exciting for both parties. First, try to figure out what the person’s interests are. But there are also common topics that will be interesting to both partners.
- What do you like to do on the weekends? Understanding what hobbies a person has will help you know how interesting it will be for you two to be together. You can also specify how often a person does something. After all, it happens that we call it a hobby, but we spend only an hour per month doing it.
- Who are the closest people in your life? This question will help you clarify the person’s priorities and find an approach to them in life. You will also be able to understand who the person most often spends time with.
- What would you like to learn? It is a great question that shows a person’s values, expectations for life, and plans for the near future. You will surely be able to share your experience in this matter, and this question will lead you to other equally interesting topics.
- What is your passion in life? This question also perfectly shows the person’s values and priorities. For example, you may learn that the main passion of a person you’re talking to is art in all its manifestations. At the same time, you may be indifferent to creativity, and financial stability may be the most important thing for you. Thus, a relationship with someone who is in love with art might be challenging for you.
How to Start a Conversation With a Girl
This section is for you if you like a girl and don’t know how to start a conversation. Remember that doubt and nervousness that happen on the first stages of communication are okay for every person, but with these tips, you will take this challenge much easier.
Dating App Conversation Starters With a Girl
- Compliment her. Girls love compliments, but it’s essential to be sincere and not trivial. Don’t say she has beautiful eyes just because it sounds good. Compliment her hair, smile, dress, or whatever you like. Starting a conversation with a compliment is the perfect solution for a dating site, but at the same time, don’t overdo it. 1-2 compliments are enough to start a conversation. Otherwise, she may find you too intrusive or insincere.
- Highlight something in common between you. If you read her profile and decided to write to her, you might have something in common—the same hobbies, views on life, and musical tastes. You can point this out in your first message. It is perfect action. For example, you can say that you share her musical hobbies and add a question about how often she attends concerts.
- Send a joke from her favorite series. If you saw in the profile that she loves some series and you also watched it, use it. Women love men with a sense of humor, and if you show a creative approach, she will definitely appreciate it.
- Share a random but interesting fact. For example, something about coffee or walking: on a dating site, people get tired of the flow of trivial messages, so something unusual can attract her attention.
- Offer to discuss the news. If something important happened in the world, why not discuss it with a girl? Especially when it comes to her interests. So you can create a wide field for discussion and understand if you have something in common.
How to Start a Good Conversation With a Guy
Men also like the initiative from the girls. They value interest, simplicity, and ease of communication. Based on this, I suggest you use one of the conversation starters. But remember that each meaningful connection and long-term relationship have their own start.
Сonversation Starters With a Guy
- If you could get on a plane now, which country would you go to? It a nice question for a small talk. We all love to travel, and questions about travel evoke positive emotions in us. In addition, you will be able to understand his plans for the next vacation.
- What is your dream job? It is nice option for your first Tinder message, and it works for other platforms too. The answer to this conversation starter will tell you about the guy’s values, plans, and ambitions. You will understand what is essential for him in life: money, knowledge, high positions, or something else.
- What do you like to talk about the most? An unusual way to start a conversation. You show that you are genuinely interested in what a man would be genuinely excited to talk about, that looks nice and adorable.
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done? It’s nice question for the first date too. Maybe he went skydiving? Perhaps he moved to another city one day? This question will help you understand his flexibility. It will help to understand potential relationship to your desires.
- What is your favorite movie? We all watch movies. Our favorite ones show our personality.
- How do you like to spend your morning? When does a man wake up? Is he an “owl” or a “lark”? Does he want to get ready quickly, or does he like to lie in bed for a long time? Does he work from home or in the office? The answers to these follow-up questions will help you find many common points.
Online Dating Conversation Tips From Your Online Relationship Coach
Let me share some more tips for you to succeed in any of your online dating experiences.
- Be attentive to the person’s profile
Even if there is very little information in a person’s profile, you can still see valuable information for yourself. For example, if they like to talk about themselves. Are they creative? Where do they want to be? Use this information to make your conversation more interesting.
- Ask questions at the end of messages
If you only answer a question of your interlocutor, they may think you no longer want to continue the conversation. Yes, sometimes it’s hard to come up with a question, but you can always ask, “How about you?”
- Say compliments
A lot of people love to be praised. Of course, relevance and personalization are essential. Speak sincerely, and your interlocutor will immediately feel it.
- Note the common
When you tell a person that you share something, it immediately draws a connecting line between you. It will also show your serious relationship.
- Be simple and express sympathy
A person may not always give you the reactions you need. It is absolutely normal. Don’t be rude or harsh. Perhaps there was just a misunderstanding.
- Be considerate
Pay attention to the little things that aren’t really little things. How irritable he is, how interested in your personality, and how willing to compromise.
In this guide, you found all the top tips about how to start a conversation on dating apps. Be patient, believe in yourself, and you will meet the right person easily.