🔥Best Sugar Momma Sites in USA | February 2024
Reliable sugar dating sites use verification, screening, and reporting to protect daters from fraudsters.
- Registration: Free
- Price: $0.69 to $1.39 per day
is one of the few dating sites that employ a safe mode to limit sugar momma scams. The full safe mode only lets verified members contact you, while the basic safe mode restricts access to suspicious accounts. And to get a verified status, users must confirm their email and phone number. Besides, the platform has recently added video functionality, letting users upload short videos to their profiles and exchange them in chat. So if your sugar partner seems too good to be true, you can always ask for a short video clip.
- Photo and video messaging
- Safe mode
Register For Free
- Registration: Free
- Price: $29.99 for 100 credits to $149.99 for 1,000 credits
employs a different safety approach, highlighting users’ control over their profiles. For instance, you can keep your online status hidden to browse profiles anonymously or hide your account altogether when you decide to take a break from sugar dating. There’s also the option to report and block suspicious users, preventing them from ever contacting you again. And private key settings let you decide whether you wish to exchange private photos automatically. At the same time, CougarLife is missing user verification procedures, so you should be extra careful when looking for sugar mommas here.
- Unlimited chat
- Private key exchange
- Anonymous browsing
Register For Free
- Registration: Free
- Price: $59 for 100 credits to $289 for 1,000 credits
provides a comfortable and safe sugar dating environment thanks to multiple security features. For one, users can get verified by uploading a short video clip saying the code phrase, and the green verification badge helps their profiles stand out among search results. Moreover, you can browse any profiles on the platforms anonymously for 24 hours if you’re willing to spend 10 credits. And besides the typical sugar dating chat and secret album features, SecretBenefits also offers the option to become a top admirer to gain the attention of potential partners.
- Secret browsing
- Video verification
- Top admirer status
Register For Free
Although each of these sugar dating sites employs security measures, the only way to avoid falling victim to the sugar momma scam is by learning to recognize the red flags.
How Does the Sugar Momma Scam Work?
Making you part with your own personal money is the goal of every online scammer. However, they can convince you to do that in various ways, such as:
- Straightforward requests for financial support
- Offering money in the forms of gift cards, PayPal, or bank account transfers
- Stealing your personally identifiable information to sell
- Blackmailing you and threatening to release sensitive personal information
- Using phishing links and malware to steal your data
This is by no means an exhaustive list of online scams, but you’re most likely to encounter one of these schemes, according to the FTC and the Better Business Bureau. So let’s take a closer look at common cons.
How to Tell If a Sugar Momma Is Real?
While sugar dating platforms are taking real steps to reduce the number of fake sugar momma profiles and potential scammers, you might prefer looking for a partner on social media. To stay safe, check out typical frauds you may encounter and use my tips on how to know if a sugar momma is real.
Snapchat Sugar Momma Scams
The most common Snapchat sugar mommy scam is sextortion. Using your profile info, like your name, location, and friend list, scammers steal photos and find your other social media profiles. They can later use AI-powered image editors to generate explicit photos and blackmail you threatening their release.
To recognize potential scammers, look closely at the profiles of all new contacts. Real sugar mommas on Snapchat will have a near-even split between followers and the ones who they follow, while con artists usually follow many more potential victims than they have followers. Besides, their profiles are sparse on details, and their photos might be stolen.
Instagram Sugar Momma Scam
Similar to Snapchat, sextortion is the con of choice for Instagram sugar mommy scam. To avoid trouble, use these simple tricks to learn how to tell if a sugar momma is real on Instagram:
- Scroll through her posts. Recycled photos and pics without visible faces could be stolen.
- Search for other social media accounts. Offer to video chat on any other platform.
- Do a reverse image lookup. Learn who is the real owner of the photos used.
- Check bio and tags. A real sugar momma will never use sugar-related tags to avoid being banned.
Although it seems like a lot of work, remember that these precautions can save you hundreds or thousands of dollars. You’re better off safe than sorry.
Sugar Momma Cash App Scam
Cash app sugar momma scams are nearly as popular as cryptocurrency and wire transfer cons, accounting for 15% of reports in 2022. Moreover, researchers claim nearly every other Cash App account is fake and used for fraud. As a sugar baby, you’ll most likely face two types of cons:
- Upfront payment. A sugar momma will send money before the first date only to cancel on you and ask you to send the money back and dispute the original payment, getting reimbursed twice and stealing your money. Refund the random payment to keep your money safe.
- Investment offer. You’ll get an amazing offer to make money or earn a prize for only a $5 or $10 in Cash App payment. Once you send money, the sugar mama will disappear.
Any requests to transfer money and accidental payments to your account are signs your sugar momma is just the scammer.
Sugar Momma Scams on Paypal
Although PayPal has a good reputation when it comes to payment security, scammers still have ways to steal your money through:
- Outright money requests. Scammers can ask you for a short-term loan or to cover an outstanding bill before disappearing with your money.
- Dispute claims. Like with Cash App, the fraudster’s goal is to lure you in with payment only to request it back and dispute their initial transfer.
- Sneaky schemes. More tech-savvy scammers can use your personal info to send fake PayPal emails with phishing links to steal your account information and your money.
And while PayPal will most likely return your lost money, you should still try to avoid falling victim to sugar momma and sugar daddy scams.
With all these scam risks, you’re probably wondering, “How do sugar mommas send you money?” And the consensus is that cash is the safest mode of payment, at least at the early stages of your relationship. As long as you negotiate the sum and payment means before your first date, you should have no trouble getting paid. If the sugar momma is real and you decide to keep seeing each other, you can set up a comfortable payment method via PayPal, Cash App, or other means.
Hopefully, I didn’t turn you off sugar dating, as it wasn’t my goal. Instead, I’m trying to warn you of potential risks to mitigate them.
Sugar Momma Red Flags
So are sugar mommas real? Some of them certainly are, and once you explore the sugar bowl, you’ll be able to tell them apart from scammers. Here are some warning signs that you’re probably chatting with a scammer:
- Sparse dating or social media profile with minimum photos and personal details
- Requests for financial support due to illness, legal trouble, or posting abroad
- Poor English coupled with a US-based location and profile info
- Offers to send you an upfront payment via gift cards, checks, PayPal, or any other means
- Cryptocurrency investment recommendations and guidance
- Requests for sensitive personal information or explicit photos
Some of these red flags may seem obvious, but they are easy to miss in the heat of the moment when flirting with potential sugar mommas. So try to keep a clear head and use common sense.
We’ve covered common sugar mommy scam schemes and tips on how to know if a sugar momma is legit. But remember that your safety starts with the choice of a reliable dating platform, as it does half the work of screening and verifying potential partners for you.