- Biggest Pro: dynamic dating pool
- Biggest Drawback: limited profile access
Cupid.com in 5 Seconds
|Monthly visits||over 100K|
|Mobile version/app||mobile-friendly site, no Android or iOS apps|
|Matchmaking filters||11 free search filters, including gender, age, location, photo availability, sexual orientation, appearance, and lifestyle preferences|
|Messaging on-site||unlimited live chat with emojis and photo messages, Flirtcast for bulk messaging|
|Paid or free||free registration with premium upgrades for £0.84 to £2.29 per day|
Who Is Cupid.com For?
Based on my short-term trial of, I believe this dating site will work for:
- Single men and women looking for relationships
- LGBTQ+ community members seeking safe dating space
- Singles excited to experiment with interracial dating
- Older adults interested in mature companionship
Features and Benefits
makes registration as smooth and hassle-free as possible, asking three simple questions, such as who you are and who you are looking for, your age, and your location. After that, you provide your email and password, and you’re in.
The dating site design and navigation are pretty intuitive, but I’ll share my experience and insights into the features you’ll likely use most often.
Once you sign up and create a profile, searching for suitable partners will be the first step to reviving your love life. Here’s how it works:
- You can access the “Search” tab by clicking on it in the upper left-hand corner.
- By default, search results include singles within 50 miles of your location. Gender and age filters are set to parameters you specify in your profile preferences.
- You can change basic search parameters at the top of the page and set additional filters, like ethnicity, orientation, body type, etc.
- Search results are displayed in a grid, highlighting your profile photo, username, age, and distance from you.
- Action buttons under each photo let you like a potential partner or start chatting immediately.
- You can set the search results page to show all members, new members, or those who are currently online.
- Results can be sorted by popularity, latest activity, distance from your location, and age.
- Clicking on the photo opens the member’s profile and provides access to extra photos, personal details, and more action buttons, such as “Add to favorites.”
I experimented with different filter settings and found them all to be responsive and very helpful in narrowing down the search. So while I wish the profiles were a bit more detailed, they prompted me to reach out and learn more.
doesn’t specialize in long-distance relationships or cyber affairs, and the messaging functionality is a clear reflection of that. Here’s how it works:
- Messaging tab is available via the text bubble icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- The chat window showcases all your conversations on the left and the current text thread on the right. You can sort the threads to show only unread messages or conversations with singles who are currently online.
- Chat controls include an emoji icon on the left and a camera icon on the right, letting you choose emojis and upload photo files, respectively.
- You can start conversations with members you like via the search results interface (text bubble icon under the photo) or from within personal profiles (text bubble icon to the right of the main profile photo).
- Flirtcast, displayed as the first search result, lets you choose a default message to be sent to hundreds of singles matching your preferences. You can switch between ready-made messages by clicking the refresh button.
I received a few messages from girls right after registration, but I noticed they came with a timer that made them disappear within an hour if I failed to respond. It’s a neat feature that kept my inbox from overflowing. Through my month-long trial, I spent hours on the website chatting and swapping photos with over a dozen ladies. And while some of my messages went unanswered, I noticed the most popular ladies who were often online were always eager to flirt. I’m sure getting a real date with them would be easy.
Free and Paid Membership Guide
signup is free, but I found the basic membership lacking and upgraded to a premium account. Let me tell you everything I’ve learned about the free and premium features to help you decide if this dating site is right for you.
You don’t have to share your bank account info or spend money to experiment with Cupid.com and test the basic functionality. As a new member, I played around with these free features to see if they were any good:
- Personal accountOnce you sign up and upload a profile photo, you’ll likely start getting some attention from singles, so it’s worth spending a couple of minutes setting up a profile to gauge the dating pool.
- Basic searchEven free members get enough flexibility in their searches to see how many members meet your requirements on .
- Limited profile accessAlthough you won’t be able to see all the details, even the main profile photo and status should give you a good idea of whether you want to learn more about potential matches.
- Like gallery matchmakingIt works just like swiping on Tinder, letting you like or skip automatically generated profiles, which is much more fun than traditional search. Besides, you’ll be able to see who liked you in return to improve the likelihood of a successful match.
You’ve probably noticed some important things, like chats, are missing from this list. And that’s where premium membership comes in with all its benefits.
Upgrade prompts were pretty annoying, but I admit the subscription is worth the expense, as it unlocks multiple premium benefits, such as:
- High-resolution photos and full profile accessI think access to the “Looking for” profile field is the most valuable part of the upgrade, as it will let you gauge if your relationship goals are compatible. Extra pictures don’t hurt, either.
- Unlimited messaging, including photo exchange As a free member, I could only see chat requests, but messages were blocked. Chat definitely makes the biggest difference, though I wish it came with more options, like video messages, virtual gifts, etc.
- Flirtcast automated messages I experimented with bulk messages but only got a handful of chat requests in return. It may work better for you, but for me, ready-made flirts weren’t effective.
- Premium customer support I tested it for the sake of the review and got friendly and helpful responses fast, but I don’t believe you’ll have much need to use support on .
Overall, I feel that Cupid.com’s monthly subscription is worth the expense, as I kept chatting with ladies non-stop for days and got dozens of gorgeous photos. I was a bit disappointed with Flirtcast, as I received barely a handful of responses. Considering I didn’t respond to cookie-cutter messages either, it wasn’t too surprising. Otherwise, most girls who liked me back were eager to chat and had ready-made ideas for fun dates, which I sadly had to reject. I’m sure anyone interested in a real relationship will have no shortage of dates on Cupid.com.
Finally, I found that many negative and fake reviews complain about automatic charges. So to avoid unpleasant surprises, read the fine print of the payment page and remember to cancel your subscription in time if you decide to pause it.
Tip for Using Cupid.com to Find a Perfect Relationship
Someprofiles are pretty sparse, so it can be hard to tell if the person is a good fit for you. I recommend being open and direct about your relationship goals from the start to save time on pointless conversations. A low-pressure question such as, “So, who are you looking for here?” can help you learn more about potential partners and their objectives.
Moreover, you should definitely request extra photos, especially if their profile only has one shot. It will help you weed out scammers and establish trust and understanding. Considering chatting is unlimited for premium users, you can keep in touch via Cupid.com until you feel comfortable meeting in person.
Pros & Cons
- Flexible search filters, including appearance and lifestyle
- User verification and safe mode are available
- First-purchase subscription discounts
- Private chat and photo messages
- Flirtcast reaching multiple potential users at once
- No iOS or Android mobile apps
- Full profile info and photos only available to premium users
- No messaging without an upgrade
Your Safety on Cupid.com
employs user verification and safe mode, a combination few other dating sites utilize. And you have two options when it comes to security settings:
- Basic safe mode. Anyone can contact you except for the members whose profiles are flagged as suspicious by other users or dating site administration. This mode significantly reduces the risk of running into scammers.
- Full safe mode. You only get messages from verified members who’ve confirmed their email and phone number. It’s the safest option, though still not 100% foolproof.
What if you’re in safe mode, but someone still seems suspicious? You can look for red flags in their:
- Profile photos. Use reverse image search to learn who is the real owner of the pictures if you have any suspicions about fake accounts.
- Profile details. Although online dating sites’ users don’t always share many details, they should be realistic and consistent with their messages. Fake profiles are usually bland and sparse.
- Chats. Messages asking for upfront payments, offers to send money via an online transaction using your credit card details, and instant requests for personal details and nude photos are all typical signs of potential scams.
If you’re unsure about any member, you can always block and report them or contact customer support team representatives to emphasize your suspicions. They will keep track of such users, making everyone else safer.
5 Ways to Make Your Dating App Profile Stand Out From the Crowd
- Pick a high-quality profile photo that highlights your hobbies, activities, or travels to show some personality.
- Think of flirty and fun things to say in the “Status” field and change it once in a while to keep things interesting.
- Add a couple of private photos to get potential partners excited about getting in touch and seeing your other side.
- Fill in as much additional info as you feel comfortable to help potential partners find you using advanced search filters.
- Be generous with likes in your like gallery and assess mutual interest before reaching out via live chat.
A month of testinglet me meet over a dozen single ladies and led to endless hours of chatting and five first-date opportunities, which I had to decline politely. I found the dating pool to be impressively deep and dynamic, and the functionality smooth and intuitive enough to immerse me into online dating without the need to constantly keep an eye on the credit balance. And even if I wish for more detailed profiles and wider chat functionality, I believe these small drawbacks could work in your favor if you’re serious about finding a partner on Cupid.com.