- Reasons to buy: Very few fake profiles, great personality test & matchmaking algorithm
- Reasons to avoid: No free unlimited messaging, dating app available only to premium users
Silver Singles in 5 Seconds
|Monthly visits||over 1M|
|Mobile version/app||the mobile app is available to premium members|
|Matchmaking filters||members can see Matches chosen based on their dating preferences|
|Messaging on-site||messaging & Winks are the main communication features|
|Paid or free||3 Premium membership plans for 3, 6, and 12 months, no free trial|
Who Is Silver Singles for?
First and foremost,is one of the online dating sites designed for a specific category of users. In this case, these are older singles in their 50s and older seeking serious relationships. The SilverSingles site won’t work for someone looking for casual relationships or sexual encounters, and a new user realizes that at the registration stage.
The registration process is complex but not because there are too many not-so-important questions but because there’s a very interesting personality test aimed at defining the actual personality traits of a person and finding the most compatible match for them. So, this online dating site is for mature people who are motivated not just to find someone attractive but to find a soulmate using modern technologies and algorithms.
Features and Benefits
So,is a secure dating site aimed at connecting people searching for true love. However, that’s not the only thing that makes it stand out. Every new user who gets a premium account can see the results of their personality test and learn something new about themselves. Besides, there’s free and unlimited access to other users’ results, even for those who’ve not paid for a premium membership plan yet.
It’s rather a dating app and site where people meet, get to know each other better, and then meet in real life, so there are no special tools besides messaging, but the service works well enough for all members. Also, algorithms aren’t always right, so users who choose this dating service also can see other members they may find attractive, even though they don’t meet all their criteria. In this SilverSingles review, I’m also going to pay special attention to search and communication, so if you’re interested, just keep reading—all the most important information can be found below.
On thedating platform, members get a pretty interesting alternative to standard search filters. The thing is that the sign-up process is more complex here, and SilverSingles members need to answer multiple questions and take an in-depth personality test before they get access to profiles. Answers will be used not only to help a user better understand their own personality traits but also to find the best potential matches for them.
There’s the Matches section on the Main Menu that shows you daily matches based on your Preferences. However, these preferences can be changed—both premium and free members can customize the following Matching Settings:
- Age and height
- Desire to have children
- Education & income
- Smoking and drinking habits
- Ethnicity and religion
The matches are updated regularly, and users can also sort them by a few main criteria: New, With Photos, and Favorites.
Also, there’s the Have You Met swiping feature. However, unlike most other dating sites, this platform doesn’t show you random people—both non-paying and premium members can see profiles of people they might like but who didn’t match one or a few of their criteria.
As I’ve noted previously, there are not so many communication features on. When I saw a user with a high compatibility score (it’s shown in the Matches section right on the profile picture of a member), I could:
- Send a wink—a free way to let someone know you’re interested in having a conversation
- Send a private message—an online messenger with some basic features
Those who’re interested in dating online and not in real life won’t find much for themselves on this Internet site. Though SilverSingles is promoted as a “serious dating site,” it doesn’t offer video chat or other advanced services, but a messenger works well enough for the vast majority of singles, and I wasn’t an exception, especially considering that I received notifications about each read message.
Winks are great for those who want to save time by not wasting it on writing a creative message for someone who’s not attracted to you. I can’t say the response rate was high—after I sent a Wink, around 30% messaged me first, but again, it may be pretty efficient for those who don’t want to take some trial and error.
Free and Paid Membership Guide
This dating website isn’t free—it connects people from a specific age group, and the concept of the platform implies that members are interested in finding a serious relationship and can afford to pay to use a safe and reputable dating service. Not all the features on theapp and site are available to premium users only, though. Let’s take a look at the services that all members can use first.
Those who’ve just joined this senior dating site and haven’t upgraded to premium yet can do the following:
- Take a personality test. That’s the best free feature, actually, even despite the fact that you will see the results of your personality test if you have a basic membership plan. It makes the algorithms work, and you can see your compatibility score with others before you upgrade.
- See Matches. Considering that on this dating platform, you can’t see the pictures or go to profiles of users, it’s not exactly what an average Internet site for dating offers, but at least I could see how many users can be great matches for me.
- Change Preferences. The test isn’t the only thing that matters—I could manually change my preferences to customize searches and make more conscious decisions.
- Use the Have You Met feature. Again, I couldn’t see photos, and the number of suggestions was lower for non-paying users; still, I could like or skip someone.
- Contact the customer care team. The support here is pretty responsive, so I could get help fast even as non-paying users.
Obviously, there’s not much you can do as a Standard user. I could just understand how the site works and how many decent matches I can find there. So, the next step I took was getting a premium account.
Let’s start with theprices. On this dating platform, users can choose among the following plans:
The set of features is always the same, the difference is only in duration. Every premium member automatically unlocks all the premium features, namely:
- Unlimited communication and reading receipts. Of course, direct communication is the main reason why SilverSingles members upgrade their plans, and I wasn’t an exception to this rule. It finally lets you use the website and communicate with others.
- Results of personality test. Getting the results is a pretty interesting experience—I could spot things I didn’t know, so it’s a niche bonus for all paying users.
- Full access to members’ photos. That’s another great feature that improves the experience by 500%. As a paid user, I could see all the details and photos and choose people to Wink at or send personal matches to know who exactly I’m going to reach.
- Access to the list of profile visitors. It’s rather a secondary feature—seeing other users who visited your profiles is fun, but in most cases, those who like you send you a Wink or a private message.
- app. The app works well but becomes available only after upgrading to premium.
- Extra Wildcard matches. That’s a fun feature that I also found useful. Algorithms choose matches with high compatibility scores and suggest only people who meet all your preferences. However, there are also people who don’t meet just one or two criteria, and who knows, maybe they may turn out to be perfect matches, and you can see them using the Wildcard feature.
Generally speaking, all the paid features are useful and just necessary to meet someone on the site.
Tips for Using Silver Singles to Find a Perfect Relationship
If you’re going to useto meet someone special, I have some recommendations for you.
- First, think of your answers to questions in the test carefully. The sign-up process is complex and pretty time-consuming, but in the end, you will not only get results that will be interesting for you to see but also share them with others.
- Make some effort to make your profile stand out. Add photos and write a good self-description—actually, that’s what makes personal pages different, and that’s how you get more attention.
- If you’re feeling that matches suggested by the algorithms aren’t the best, change your Preferences and try Wildcard matches—that will help you expand the search.
These are simple steps that work perfectly.
- Few fake profiles, good moderation
- Opportunity to select potential partners based on psychological analysis
- Good online messenger
- Some fun features to see random matches
- Detailed profiles with photos, creative headlines, and self-descriptions
- The mobile app is available only to paying users
- No free access to profiles
- No video chat
Your Safety on Silver Singles
can be considered a safe online dating platform for the following reasons:
- The site is moderated, and low-quality profiles are suspended
- All the data members share are protected and can’t be disclosed to third parties
- Only safe payment options are offered
- Supports works 24/7 to help people resolve any issues, including issues somehow related to safety
- Unregistered users can’t access profiles
However, even if you choose a great site, your safety will also depend on you, and that’s how you can avoid potential dangers and improve the experience:
- Block all users who ask for financial help
- Stop communicating with someone who finds excuses not to meet you in real life
- Beware if things are moving too fast, and it seems that a person is just trying to gain your trust
- Don’t share your financial data and personal details with people online
Basically, that’s all. Don’t ignore these safety rules, and remember that they have no exceptions.
3 Ways to Make Your SilverSingles Dating Profile Stand Out
- Add your best photos; the more, the better—profiles without them just don’t work.
- Focus on self-descriptions and headlines more than on anything else.
- Think carefully about what you’d like others to know about your relationship goals and describe not only your criteria but what you can offer in the What You Look for in a Relationship section.
So, what’s the verdict of myreview? I liked the fact that it focuses on a specific age group, which automatically improves the chance of finding a partner for mature singles. I also like that, unlike many mainstream sites and apps, appearance and some basic details aren’t the only things that matter—members can get really detailed psychological portraits of their matches, and, again, that improves the chance of finding someone truly special in the shortest time possible.